Sorrento luxury villas is highly qualified in organizing excursions in the entire sorrentine area. We organize trips with a local guide, if necessary, to the following sites:
1) Amalfi Coast: the most enchanting and more visited route in Italy, starting from Sorrento as far as Positano, a village clambering down a vertiginous slope to the sea; further on Praiano is just as fashionable and then Amalfi, splendid town that was once a maritime republic, with its wonderful 9th century main cathedral; finally Ravello with its breathtaking views of the bay.
2) Naples city tour: the capital of the Campania region is one of the few European cities of the ancient world that has never been completely extinguished. Founded by the Greeks six centuries before Christ , it was embellished and enlarged by the Romans. There you can admire old churches, castles, medieval buildings and barocco fountains together with a bustling city centre and the largest port in Italy. A visit to the National Archeological Museum is highly recommended.
3) Pompeii and Herculaneum: two roman holiday resorts completely destroyed by an eruption of Vesuvius that took place in the year 79 AD; nowadays after years of excavations two of the most interesting archeological areas in the world are at disposal of our tourists for an unforgettable guided tour.
4) Isle of Capri: with the blue grotto and its cobalt blue waters it is doubtless a place not to miss during a stay in the Sorrento area: it is really a Mediterranean jewel.
5) Isle of Ischia: the largest island of the bay of Naples, with its beach resort, thermal springs and therapeutic sands, is nearly as popular as its more glamorous neighbour Capri.
Sorrento Luxury Villas can also arrange on request any other kind of excursion with or without a local guide.
Please for availability and prices ask our staff.